Amazon.com has an option called SCHOOL LIST which allows teachers to post their CLASSROOM SUPPLY LIST.
We as parents know that the VERY LAST THING you want to do is make another LIST...
For bringing this idea to you we apologize but must admit that for many the internet is where we prefer to get our information and we use the internet to shop.
Some staff members may want to take advantage of this, parents would definitely like it and those who do not plan to purchase online can still access the list on Amazon.com for shopping elsewhere.
It is so simple as you will see...
HOW IT WORKS:
Teachers enter their name or class name, then school name and start adding items to list.
NO PERSONAL INFORMATION NEEDS TO BE SHARED. NO EMAIL, ETC.
It is incredibly simple and there are options to make your lists crystal clear.
- you can 'click' a box that says: Similar items are acceptable if the Brand does not matter.
- you can 'click' a box that states the item is optional.
- you can type information for each item, whatever you wish.
LINK FOR EXAMPLE LIST: http://amzn.com/sl/2YCR498TOZB8H
If you are willing to have your list placed online but the thought of doing it yourself sends you spinning? We have a parent who would be willing to take your lists and place them online for you making this as easy as possible.
- Give us the list
- Once completed a link can be sent to teacher for approval OR a printed copy can be delivered to the office to show how list looks on amazon.com
- partial lists are worth sharing and can be added to/edited at any time
WE WOULD ALSO POST THE LINKS ON THE PTA WEBSITE AND SCHOOL FACEBOOK PAGE with the added detail that NOT ALL class lists are available online, only those listed and something like please do not inquire with teachers re: online lists if you do not see them listed... (or something like that!)